BENTONVILLE, Ark., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning April 1, Walmart is easing pain at the pump with the return of its Great Gas Rollback program, helping customers save on their fuel purchases. Walmart customers using a Walmart gift card will receive a 10 cent per gallon discount; customers who use a Walmart MoneyCard® or Walmart Credit Card will save 15 cents per gallon on their fuel purchase.
Gas will be discounted at more than 1,000 Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations located at Walmart stores in 21 participating states.
"As I travel to stores across the country, I am constantly hearing that gas prices are making it tough for our customers to balance their budgets. For every cent gas prices climb, consumers have $1 billion less to spend," said Gisel Ruiz, chief operating officer for Walmart U.S. "Over the past two years, our Great Gas Rollback has saved customers more than $100 million. This year, we're bringing it back to help families as they hit the road to visit relatives, go on vacation, celebrate the summer holidays and every shopping trip in between."
"I'm rethinking my travel plans, so if there is anything I can do to cut costs I'm definitely interested. Ten cents a gallon really adds up," said Walmart customer Susan Gleghorn.Walmart's Great Gas Rollback will run through July 7 and will be available in the following states:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV