SAN DIEGO and FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., March 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. ("STI"; SRNE) and IGDRASOL announced today that IGDRASOL will be presenting updates of its development of Cynviloq ™ (IG-001) at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) in Washington, DC ( April 6 th to 10 th). IGDRASOL is a privately-held company for which STI was granted an irrevocable option right to acquire. The two companies' combined pipeline features an oncology franchise of potential products with Phase 2 data for multiple solid tumor indications as well as two synergistic drug discovery and development platforms, namely the G-MAB® human antibody library and MABiT™, a proprietary technology to generate antibody formulated drug conjugates (AfDC).
Cynviloq™ (or IG-001) is a next-generation, branded, micellar diblock copolymeric paclitaxel formulation currently approved and marketed in several countries as Genexol-PM®. Cynviloq™ has completed Phase 1 or 2 trials in MBC, NSCLC, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer and bladder cancer in the U.S. and/or non-U.S. IGDRASOL is preparing for an "End of Phase 2" meeting with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) targeted for the first half of 2013 regarding Cynviloq™. As an injectable nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel, Cynviloq™ is potentially eligible for approval via FDA's 505(b)(2) bioequivalence regulatory pathway versus albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel; Abraxane®) in its currently approved MBC and NSCLC indications. Abraxane® sales exceeded $400 million in MBC in fiscal 2012.
The time, title, authors and location of the presentations are as follows:
- Mon, Apr 8, 1:00 - 5:00 PM (2141/10) – "IG-001 utilization of albumin mediated transport and its potential application in difficult to perfuse tumors." Kouros Motamed, Larn Hwang, Chao Hsiao, Vuong Trieu. IGDRASOL, Fountain Valley, CA. Poster Session, PO.ET01.03. Novel Targeted Therapies 1.
- Tue, Apr 9, 1:00 - 5:00 PM (3481/27) – "Development of personalized paclitaxel therapy (IG-001) for ovarian cancer." Larn Hwang, Chao Hsiao, Kouros Motamed, Vuong Trieu. IGDRASOL, Fountain Valley, CA. Poster Session, PO.CL13.08. Biomarkers 5: Breast and Gynecologic Cancers.
- Tue, Apr 9, 1:00 - 5:00 PM (4526/24) – "IG-001 - Evaluation as next generation nanoparticle paclitaxel against poorly perfused tumors." Vuong Trieu, Larn Hwang, Kouros Motamed, Chao Hsiao. IGDRASOL, Fountain Valley, CA. Poster Session, PO.CH06.01. Drug Delivery Technology.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts