Giant Food Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Lifestyle Evolution Inc.'s NuGO Non Dairy Bars
LANDOVER, Md., March 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Giant Food of Landover, Md., following a recall by Lifestyle Evolution Inc., announced it removed from sale several varieties of its NuGO Non Dairy Bars due to undeclared milk, an allergen, on the ingredient label.
The following products are included in this recall:
- NuGO Nutrition Bar Dark Chocolate Trail Mix, UPC 69153545301, 16.9 oz, with a best by date in 2013
- NuGO Natural Energy Bars Chocolate Chip, UPC 69153552101, 50 grams, with a best by date in 2013
- NuGO Natural Energy Bars Dark Mocha, UPC 69153552301, 50 grams, with a best by date in 2013
- NuGO Nutrition Bar Dark Pretzel, UPC 69153552901, 19.08 oz, with a best by date in 2013
This product is safe to consume for individuals who do not suffer from a milk allergy, however, people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant Food for a full refund.
Symptoms of food allergies typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic. Allergic reactions can include: hives; flushed skin or rash; tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth; face, tongue, or lip swelling; vomiting and/or diarrhea; abdominal cramps; coughing or wheezing; dizziness and/or lightheadedness; swelling of the throat and vocal cords; difficulty breathing; loss of consciousness.Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Lifestyle Evolution Inc. customer service at 1-866-266-7623. In addition customers may call Giant Food Customer Service at 1-888-469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and visit the Giant Food website at www.giantfood.com for more information. About Giant Food of Landover, Md. Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 171 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 171 stores are 156 full-service pharmacies. Giant opened the first supermarket in the nation's capital on February 6, 1936. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV