Jingdong Adopts JD.com As New Domain Name And Unveils Mascot "Joy"
BEIJING, March 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jingdong ("Jingdong" or the "Company"), China's leading direct B2C e-commerce company, announced today that effective immediately, it will adopt the domain name JD.com. Jingdong's previous domain, 360buy.com, will continue to exist, but will redirect users to JD.com. Jingdong also unveiled a new corporate mascot, a dog named "Joy."
"Jingdong is delighted to streamline its corporate brand and launch the simpler JD.com domain, which will be easier for our Chinese customers to remember," said Richard Liu, founder and CEO of Jingdong. "Our new mascot, Joy, represents Jingdong's loyalty to our customers and our close relationship with their daily life. We remain committed to offering best-in-class user experience to our customers throughout the world."
About Jingdong:Jingdong is the largest B2C direct sales e-commerce company in China (source: iResearch). The Company has achieved more than 150% annually compounded growth in gross merchandise volume during past several years and strives to offer the best online shopping experience to its customers. It currently offers more than 7 million SKUs through its B2C direct sales and online marketplace platform. The Company has established nationwide fulfillment capabilities and extensive last mile delivery network to provide superior customer experience. As of December 2012, the Company has six major fulfillment centers with 65 warehouses in 24 cities, as well as nearly 900 delivery stations in 360 cities. Through its 211 program, the Company offers speedy delivery in 23 major cities and 24 hours delivery in 156 cities in China. Jingdong had 35 million active users and 80 million registered users in December 2012.For Media Inquiries: Rania LiJingdong+86 10 5931 7963 Bjliran@JD.com Josh GartnerBrunswick Group+86 10 5960 8600 JGartner@brunswickgroup.com SOURCE Jingdong
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV