Association For The Advancement Of Wound Care (AAWC) Translates Educational Brochure Into Spanish
MALVERN, Pa., March 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC) announces that its latest patient education brochure on the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers, "Take the Pressure Off!" has been translated into Spanish.
The Public Awareness Task Force of the AAWC has developed four educational brochures for the care of skin and the prevention and treatment of wounds. Widely used by clinicians as a resource for patients and their caregivers, all four brochures are now available in English and Spanish.
The AAWC's objective is to continue with the development of brochures, spanning several types of skin care topics and wound disorders. Currently, the association has available the following brochures (please note these titles link to a PDF version of the brochure described):
- The ABC's of Skin and Wound Care , which addresses the care of abrasions, bruises, cuts and skin tears. ( EL ABC del Cuidado de la Piely las Heridas)
- The Skin You're In , which helps one understand how to protect the skin from the climate and environment. ( La piel en la que estas)
- Dress and Compress for Success – a guide to help one take a proactive role in healing his or her venous ulcer. ( Cubrir y Comprimir para Sanar)
- Take the Pressure Off! – a guide for preventing and treating pressure ulcers. ( Quitale La Presion )
The brochures are invaluable, containing useful information for healthcare professionals and people who have wounds. Many clinics and hospitals display them within their facilities. While the brochures can be purchased from AAWC online store at modest prices, the materials are also available as PDF files within the professional and patient resource centers on the AAWC website. As long as the use is educational, anyone may download and print them on their own, free of charge and without permission.AAWC Executive Director, Tina Thomas explains, "We allow these brochures to be accessible to the public from our website, because we want to ensure their wide-spread usage. AAWC highly recommends all healthcare providers utilize these clear and concise documents, which break down the latest science into easy-to-read language." AAWC uses its content-validated, evidence-based clinical guidelines, which are developed using the most current literature, as a basis for its reader-friendly brochures. Thomas continues, "The AAWC Guidelines Committee is currently creating guidelines for wound infection and diabetic foot ulcers. As such, it is envisioned that quick reference and reader-friendly brochures on these same topics will follow after the guidelines have been completed."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV