The EPA also said its proposal would add about $130 to the price of new vehicles, beginning in 2025.
UPS pays $40 million to end online pharmacies probe
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ Shipping company UPS has agreed to pay $40 million to end a federal criminal probe connected to its work for online pharmacies.The U.S. Department of Justice announced Friday that the Atlanta-based company would also "take steps" to block illicit online drug dealers from using their delivery service. The DOJ says the fine amount is the money UPS collected from suspect online pharmacies. ___ Portfolio manager accused in insider trading case NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ A senior portfolio manager for one of the nation's largest hedge funds was arrested Friday, accused of joining an insider trading conspiracy that the government said made more than $6 million illegally for the powerhouse investment company founded by billionaire businessman Steven A. Cohen. The arrest broadens the government's probe of trading practices at SAC Capital Advisors, which manages $15 billion. Two weeks ago, the Securities and Exchange Commission said that two affiliates of SAC Capital would pay more than $614 million in what federal regulators called the largest insider trading settlement ever. The settlement is subject to court approval. ___ Sears former CEO's compensation shrank in 2012 The former CEO of Sears Holding Corp. took a pay cut of nearly 90 percent in 2012. Louis D'Ambrosio's became CEO of Sears in February 2011 and stepped down last month due to heath issues involving his family. In a proxy statement filed Thursday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the retailer said D'Ambrosio's salary rose to $1 million last year from $930,769 in 2011. The value of his perks, like corporate housing and travel from his primary residence in Philadelphia to Chicago, shrank to $278,741 from $852,037 in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV