U.S. FDA Approves INVOKANA™ (Canagliflozin) For The Treatment Of Adults With Type 2 Diabetes
WHO SHOULD NOT TAKE INVOKANA™? Do not take INVOKANA™ if you:
- are allergic to canagliflozin or any of the ingredients in INVOKANA™. See the end of the Medication Guide for a list of ingredients in INVOKANA™. Symptoms of allergic reaction to INVOKANA™ may include:
- raised red patches on your skin (hives)
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue, and throat that may cause difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- have severe kidney problems or are on dialysis
WHAT SHOULD I TELL MY DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING INVOKANA™?Before you take INVOKANA™, tell your doctor if you:
- have kidney problems
- have liver problems
- are on a low sodium (salt) diet. Your doctor may change your diet or your dose of INVOKANA™.
- have ever had an allergic reaction to INVOKANA™
- have other medical conditions
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if INVOKANA™ will harm your unborn baby. If you are pregnant, talk with your doctor about the best way to control your blood sugar while you are pregnant.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if INVOKANA™ passes into your breast milk. Talk with your doctor about the best way to feed your baby if you are taking INVOKANA™.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
INVOKANA™ may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how INVOKANA™ works. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- diuretics (water pills)
- rifampin (used to treat or prevent tuberculosis)
- phenytoin or phenobarbital (used to control seizures)
- ritonavir (Norvir®, Kaletra®, Lopinavir ®)* (used to treat HIV infection)
- digoxin (Lanoxin®)* (used to treat heart problems)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts