DC Unemployment Rate Unchanged In February
WASHINGTON (AP) â¿¿ The unemployment rate in the District of Columbia has held steady at 8.6 percent.
Federal statistics for February show that the percentage remained unchanged from January's rate. The statistics also show that D.C. had a net increase of 3,300 jobs.
Nationally, the unemployment rate dipped to 7.7 percent in February from 7.9 percent in January. The Labor Department said unemployment rates rose in 12 states and were unchanged in 16. Unemployment rates fell in 22 states.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray says the latest figures show that the private-sector economy is growing. But he says federal government job cuts remain a concern and a "drag" on overall growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV