Pull-Through Programs Critical For Maintaining Demand For Pharmaceutical Products On Managed Care Formularies
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In today's pharmaceutical marketplace, companies not only have to fight to win product placement on Managed Care formularies but also to "pull through" the business and increase market share after a win. To benefit from formulary wins, savvy companies ensure that their sales forces and account management teams have the necessary skills and tools to pull-through demand for favored products.
To help organizations create and maintain effective pull-through programs and processes, research and consulting leader Best Practices, LLC published " Developing Managed Care Pull-Through Excellence." This timely research identifies quantitative benchmarks and qualitative insights that will help sales and brand leaders understand how to build an effective pull-through program and leverage Managed Care contracts to generate pharmaceutical product sales.
This research investigates pull-through challenges and the best practices that companies have developed to overcome them. The research will enable pharmaceutical, bio-pharma and medical device company leadership to identify program gaps, uncover insights and discover successful best practices to share with their employees.
According to the study, while physicians are the most common group that pull-through programs are directed toward, patients also are appropriate targets. Survey respondents rate co-pays (66%) and adherence (59%) as the education topics for patient programs that have the most impact on increasing pull-through.Topics covered in this report include:
- How companies establish structures and processes that optimize pull-through. Areas covered include pull-through leadership, planning, training, staff roles, cross-channel and cross-functional collaboration, internal communications processes and tools, use of templates, effectiveness metrics, and trends in budget and staffing levels.
- Programs and activities that companies use to increase pull-through effectiveness. Topics covered include contracting strategies, effective messaging, customer segmentation, effectiveness metrics, KOL management, and communication topics, channels and timing.
- Current challenges they face in their efforts to increase pull-through.
- Best practices for pull-through that were shared by participants in survey responses.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts