Nevada Jobless Rate Falls To 9.6 Percent
Anderson said the retail industry cut payrolls more than expected in February, slashing 3,700 jobs â¿¿ 2,000 more than normal.
Additionally, financial industry jobs fell by 1,400 in February. Leisure/hospitality lost 3,100 during the month, but Anderson noted that compared to a year ago, jobs in that sector for the first two months of the calendar year are up 10,000 over the same period in 2012.
On the plus side, Nevada's lucrative mining industry added 400 jobs during the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV