Governor Corbett Highlights $1.3 Million Increase In Funding To Support Domestic Violence Programs
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett visited the YWCA of Greater Harrisburg today, where he was joined by local advocates and leaders in support of his proposal to increase funding to domestic violence programs by $1.3 million.
"For decades, we have been struggling to confront a danger to the men and women of Pennsylvania that can exist inside their own homes," Corbett said. "That's why, this year, I have proposed an increase of $1.3 million dollars in funding for Pennsylvania's Domestic Violence Program."
The 10 percent funding increase, proposed in Corbett's 2013-14 budget, would bring total state spending on domestic violence programs to $13.8 million.
The Department of Public Welfare outsources services to victims of domestic violence through a grant agreement with the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) which, in turn, subcontracts for services at the local level. A total of 60 sub-grantees serve all 67 counties in Pennsylvania providing a variety of domestic violence services including:
- Emergency services such as a 24/7 hotline, emergency shelter and financial aid;
- Referral services to other community programs (mental health, medical, legal assistance);
- Accompaniment to police, hospital or court appointments;
- Victim advocacy; and
- Primary and at-risk prevention programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV