Vermont Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.4 Percent
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) â¿¿ The Vermont Department of Labor says the unemployment rate dropped slightly in February to 4.4 percent.
Last month's rate was down three-tenths of a percentage point from January and far lower than the national rate of 7.7 percent.
The Labor Department says February was the seventh straight month that the unemployment rate had not increased in Vermont.
Around the state, Vermont's unemployment rate ranged from a high of 8 percent in Newport to a low of 2.6 percent in the Warren-Waitsfield area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV