Fla. Gov Gets Good News In February Job Numbers
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) â¿¿ Florida's seasonally adjusted unemployment dipped to its lowest level in more than four years in February when it dropped to 7.7 percent.
It's the lowest jobless rate in Florida since October 2008 when unemployment stood at 7.4 in the state.
There were 729,000 jobless Floridians in February when the state's unemployment rate was 7.7 percent was the same as the national rate.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott successfully campaigned on creating 700,000 new jobs in Florida over a seven-year span and has made that the primary issue of his administration.The Department of Economic Opportunity reported Friday that 128,100 jobs have been added in Florida over the past year with the leisure and hospitality industry leading the way with more than 41,000 new jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV