News Summary: Jobless Rates Fall In 22 States
By The Associated Press
RATES DOWN: Unemployment rates fell in 22 U.S. states in February from January. They rose in 12 and were unchanged in 16, the Labor Department said Friday.
HIRING UP: Nationally, employers have added 200,000 jobs a month since February, double the rate from last spring.
ON THE MEND: States hit hardest in the recession are seeing big drops in unemployment. Nevada's unemployment rate fell to 9.6 percent from 11.8 percent in February 2012, California's to 9.6 percent from 10.8 percent and Florida's to 7.7 percent from 9 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV