Ark. Unemployment Rate Holds Steady At 7.2 Percent
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) â¿¿ Arkansas' unemployment rate held steady at 7.2 percent in February.
The state Department of Workforce Services reported Friday that the February rate is unchanged from January's 7.2 percent unemployment rate. The national unemployment rate fell from 7.9 percent in January to 7.7 percent in February.
The department says the number of nonfarm jobs rose in February by 7,600 with the largest increase being 5,200 government jobs as public school employees returned to work following the winter break. There was also an increase of 2,100 jobs in professional and business services and 1,100 additional jobs in the leisure and hospitality industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV