Houston Attorney Thiessen Wins "Not Guilty" Verdict For Client
March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Mark Thiessen hears those two lovely words on a 0.127 Breath test: not guilty! His client was pulled over for driving with no headlights on Washington Ave in
Houston, TX at
2am. Client showed no loss of mental faculties and looked great on the Walk and Turn and One Leg Stand standard field sobriety tests. An open bottle of Crown was found in the car and his girl friend was allegedly very drunk. When the valets at Avenue returned his car they forgot to turn on the lights because valets turn off your automatic lights when they park it, so "Be aware"
Thiessen shares with the courtroom.
Client is deathly afraid of needles, so he consented to a breath test. Breath test registered a 0.127 at 3:30am in Houston Police Department downtown. During trial, defense counsel had to file a Motion to Recuse the Judge for improperly coaching the State on how to deal with his trial skills. The Motion was denied and the Judge continued to help the State for the remainder of the case. However, what Judges don't realize is that the jury doesn't like to see the referee/judge wearing the other team's jersey. And, that was in fact Mr. Thiessen's closing argument.
He asked the jury for help. The jury helped him by returning the just verdict of Not Guilty despite the uneven playing field. The jury also didn't like the machine's maintenance history; the fact the officer was an overzealous advocate and not an independent witness; or the Judge's treatment of Defense Counsel. The Judge also kept his MADD plaque on the wall behind his chair for the entire trial. At the end of the day, Thiessen won the case for his client, which is what his history has been for over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV