Jerry Marlatt Named A "Dealmaker Of The Year" By The American Lawyer
NEW YORK, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morrison & Foerster LLP is pleased to announce that Jerry Marlatt has been selected by The American Lawyer as a "Dealmaker of the Year" for his work as issuer's counsel for Royal Bank of Canada on its landmark covered bond offering program. This was the first covered bond deal ever registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Marlatt was honored for leading the Morrison & Foerster team advising the bank in obtaining the no-action letter relief necessary to permit the transaction, and navigating the registration and issuance process. Registration allows covered bonds to be marketed to a larger group of potential investors, broadening the U.S. market for these securities.
The article recognizes Jerry Marlatt's role as a covered bond pioneer, responsible for many of the market innovations in the area in the United States, including working on the first covered bond program for a U.S. depository institution, the first covered bond offering into the United States on a 144A basis, and now the first U.S. registered deal. This depth of expertise has contributed to making Morrison & Foerster a market leader in covered bonds, as well as secured and unsecured financings for foreign banks in the United States. Marlatt has championed U.S. covered bond legislation, serves on SIFMA's Covered Bond Council, and writes and speaks regularly on covered bonds.
The innovative nature of the Royal Bank of Canada transaction was recognized as well by The Cover, a Euromoney publication, which honored it with the Editor's Choice award for most innovative deal of 2012. M&A Advisor recognized the transaction as its Debt Deal of the Year. Most recently, the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) named the transaction Structured Finance and Securitization Deal of the Year at its 2013 IFLR Americas Awards. See http://www.mofo.com/Covered-Bonds-Services/ for more.About Morrison & Foerster We are Morrison & Foerster—a global firm of exceptional credentials in many areas. Our clients include some of the largest financial institutions, investment banks, Fortune 100, technology and life science companies. We've been included on The American Lawyer's A-List for nine straight years, and Fortune named us one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Our lawyers are committed to achieving innovative and business-minded results for our clients, while preserving the differences that make us stronger. This is MoFo. Visit us at www.mofo.com.
- Ranked as one of the preeminent capital markets practices by Chambers USA , Chambers Global, Legal 500 US, IFLR1000 and U.S.News & World Report
- Ranked by IFLR1000, Legal 500 US and U.S.News & World Report as one of the leading securitization and structured finance practices.
- Structured Products magazine Law Firm of the Year, Americas for five of the last seven years.
- Ranked by PLC Which lawyer? as having a leading banking and finance practice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV