Announcing The U.S.-Ukraine Observer
WASHINGTON, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by the US-Ukraine Observer:
A new monthly publication dedicated to building a productive relationship between the United States and Ukraine, the U.S.-Ukraine Observer will bring to the American public news, commentary, and features on a wide variety of topics important to both countries. With both print and online versions, the U.S.-Ukraine Observer will provide our English-language readership with unique insights to one of Europe's largest and most dynamic nations, and one of America's most valued partners to emerge from the former Soviet Union.
Among the articles that will appear in the April 15 inaugural issue:
- An interview with Timofey Nagorny on his groundbreaking work with orphans and adoptions : "I believe that the matter of international adoptions should not be subject to speculation or generalization, much less politics. Individual ugly incidents do not reflect on the American people, a people in the country with rich democratic traditions, which laid the foundation of civil liberties and virtues. Americans are willing and able to take on the burden of care and education of these future citizens – citizens not only of the U.S. but people who are unafraid to stand as true citizens of the world."
- Former U.S. Senate staffer and State Department official, Dr. Bruce M. Rickerson, on why U.S.- Ukraine relations would be bolstered by a compromise on the status of opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko : "There's no avoiding the fact that the divisions over Tymoshenko tap into the profound fault lines that have threatened Ukraine's stability ever since it became an independent country in 1991. Those divisions, and the poisonous political atmosphere that has characterized independent Ukraine, constitute a threat to Ukraine's domestic peace and international standing far more significant than Tymoshenko's personal guilt or innocence."
- A profile of songstress Mika Newton, Ukraine's standard-bearer at the 2011 Eurovision song contest : "Don't Dumb Me Down" (co-written by Rune Westberg [ Adam Lambert, Daughtry] and BC Jean [Beyoncé], and produced by musician/producer Randy Jackson [American Idol] and Rune Westberg) is the first US release for Newton, who signed with the Los Angeles-based JK Music Group in 2011.
- Longtime adviser to Ronald Reagan and conservative commentator, Peter Hannaford, on the need for compromise and mutual respect in Ukrainian politics : "No one voice, no matter how strong, can reflect all points of view. The development of Ukrainian democracy is an ongoing process. The country has been and still is in the process of healing painful issues that divided peoples and places over a very long time. Ukraine and its leaders need the support of other democratic nations, especially ours, as it works its way through the process."
- A memoir of the grandson of the Odessa-born writer, Isaac Babel. Acclaimed for his true-to-life depiction of revolution, civil war atrocities, and anti-Semitism, Babel was tortured and executed by Stalin's secret police: "' Odessa - is a plural. The city, built by Isaac.' So why are people from Odessa, both those intelligent and those not very, so fond of their Babel, why do they love him despite the fact that he - rather than just describing Odessa - has created a myth of the city, has invented an Odessa language?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV