Clark Hill PLC And Thorp Reed & Armstrong LLP Announce Merger Agreement, Creating 300 Attorney, 12 Office Firm
DETROIT and PITTSBURGH, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The law and professional service firms of Clark Hill PLC and Thorp Reed & Armstrong LLP announce an agreement to merge the two firms, each with more than 100 years of history. The firms expect the merger to close in the second quarter of this year.
The combined firm includes more than 300 attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas. The firm will operate in 12 offices in seven states plus the District of Columbia. Office locations are in Birmingham, Mich., Chicago, Ill., Detroit, Mich., Grand Rapids, Mich., Lansing, Mich., Philadelphia, Pa., Phoenix, Ariz., Pittsburgh, Pa., Princeton, N.J., Washington, D.C., Wheeling, W.Va. and Wilmington, Del.
The combined firm will utilize the brand name Clark Hill Thorp Reed in chosen markets, including all geographic markets where Thorp Reed & Armstrong has a presence today. However, its legal name will remain Clark Hill and the Clark Hill name will continue to be used in all of Clark Hill's current markets. The combined firm's decentralized structure empowers local offices to make business decisions in close proximity to clients in ways that meet the needs of their individual markets, while remaining consistent with the firm's culture and values.
"This merger allows us to provide more value to our clients, with more expertise and capabilities in more places," said John J. Hern, Jr., CEO of Clark Hill PLC and the combined firm. "We're investing in client relationships of all sizes while staying core to the common DNA which has made both firms successful for more than a century."The combined firm will offer clients specialized legal knowledge and extensive experience and resources in practice areas such as:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law
- Technology and Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Construction and Real Estate Law
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Bankruptcy and Financial Reorganization
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV