Evergrande Ranks In Top Two For 3 Consecutive Years
BEIJING, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 29, an authoritative list called "China Real Estate Top 10 Research" (hereinafter referred to as "List I") was released by the China Index Academy. It showed that Evergrande, Vanke and Poly ranked in the top three among the top 100 real estate companies within China with their comprehensive strength, which is consistent with the rank showed in the list of Top 500 Real Estate Development Enterprises (hereinafter referred to as List II) released on March 22 by China Assessment Center for Real Estate Enterprise. An original report from Sina Leju follows: Vanke and Evergrande have already ranked in the top two for three consecutive years, which shows that they are leading within the industry with their outstanding performance in sales amount and sales area.
According to List I, the performance of the top 100 real estate companies within China has recovered since the second half of 2012 before the overall recovery of the whole market. For 2012, the total sales amount of such top 100 companies totaled 1,907.3 billion yuan, up 16.7% year-on-year, which was 6.7% more than the average level of China; and the sales area reached 190.10 million square meters, up 23.8% year-on-year, which was 22.0% more than the average level of China. Market shares of the top 100 companies accounted for 29.6% of the entire market.
Moreover, according to the monitoring data for the top 10 companies within the real estate industry shown in List II in 2012, the total sales amount of the top 10 real estate development enterprises amounted to 797.366 billion yuan, accounting for 32% of the total sales amount earned by the top 500 companies. This was up 4% year-on-year; and the total sales area reached 83.393 million square meters, accounting for 36% of the total sales area sold by the top 500 companies, up 7% year-on-year.The abovementioned rankings also prove that within the real estate industry, strong companies will become stronger. In 2012, Vanke's total sales amounted to 141.2 billion yuan, and Evergrande also earned 92.32 billion yuan with its fast development. Their performance was better than their peers, though the amount of their performance base was relatively large. It is worth mentioning that Evergrande ranked first within the "Top 10 in Scale" sub-list in List I. Followed by Vanke and Poly, it has taken the lead in carrying out the "small profits but quick returns" sales model which includes obvious scale advantages for it in terms of sales area, areas under construction, and project arrangement. Vanke and Evergrande have already ranked in the top two among real estate companies within China with their annual sales amount and sales area for four consecutive years, so they may not be affected significantly (by the new policy) as they have different characteristics and strengths in different areas. Evergrande also ranked first in the "Top 10 in Operation Efficiency" sub-list, followed by Vanke and Jinke. According to List II, Evergrande, Future Holdings, and Shanghai Urban Development respectively ranked 1 st, 2 nd and 3 rd within the "Top 10 in Comprehensive Development" sub-list. Beijing Capital Development Holding (Group) Co., Ltd., Evergrande, and Beijing Urban Construction Group Co., Ltd. respectively ranked 1 st, 2 nd, and 3 rd within the "Top 10 in Responsibility" sub-list while Evergrande, Dalian Wanda Group, and Vanke respectively ranked 1 st, 2 nd, and 3 rd within the "Top 10 in Urban Coverage" sub-list.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts