BOSTON, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With customer care at the core of the company, Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud backup solutions for consumers and small businesses, today announced updates and accolades for its customer support operations. Carbonite is enhancing its customer support – which has recently won two awards for excellence – to provide people with a-la-carte technical services for a variety of non-Carbonite related issues, as well as delivered new customer support forums.
Carbonite offers affordable tech support for non-Carbonite programsStarting today Carbonite launched TechForce, a new service that expands Carbonite's support capabilities beyond its own products. Carbonite customers can now receive help with third-party applications and programs such as Quickbooks, Outlook and iPhoto from a dedicated technical support team. The service is the result of feedback from Carbonite customers expressing the desire for help with non-Carbonite tech issues from Carbonite's US-based support team. Charges per support session are $39 or $79 based on the complexity of the issue. TechForce is able to bring highly sought support to end-users at a significant savings compared to using other customer support systems; a list of common requests is available at http://cbnt.it/TechForceOverview.
Carbonite customer support honored with recent awardsIn 2011, Carbonite repatriated its customer support back to the US from multiple outsourced partners abroad. As a result, Carbonite now employs hundreds of customer and technical support representatives in its offices in Boston and Lewiston, Maine. The Lewiston support center was named a Silver Stevie Award winner for Contact Center of the Year (Over 100 Seats) at the 2013 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Additionally, this team received the Business Leadership Award from the Androscoggin County Chamber of Commerce for its role in the community and the high level of customer support."The most common reason Carbonite customers contact us is because they need assistance with data recovery. We know that this can be a stressful experience and our goal is to make it as easy as possible for them to get back up and running again," said Rich Surace, SVP of Customer Support, Carbonite. "We are honored to receive this recognition and are excited to expand our award-winning support with TechForce." Additional updates to Carbonite's customer support operations include:
- Currents forum support makes troubleshooting socialCustomers who use Currents, Carbonite's new file syncing and collaboration tool, can now visit Currents.Zendesk.com to access information and tips on how to best use the app. The Community Support function allows people to share their feedback, request new features for the product and help others troubleshoot issues.
- Technology upgrades improve customer support processA range of consumer and small business customers rely on Carbonite to safeguard their personal and business data. To streamline communications on the back end, Carbonite is upgrading both its customer relationship management and telephone software to offer improved tracking and resource management abilities. Carbonite's support team will be able to respond even quicker now to spikes in contact activity to provide the best customer experience possible.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts