- Mr. Thomas again taught his popular seminar on Healthcare Fraud and Abuse at Boston University School of Law. Combining substantive information with practical insights from different areas of professional practice, the course again drew rave comments in student evaluations.
- Ms. Durrell and Mr. Thomas were panelists at and sponsors of the 2012 ABA National Institute on the Civil False Claims Act & Qui Tam Enforcement. Ms. Durrell authored an article entitled The Relator's Role in False Claims Act Investigations: Towards a New Paradigm, while Mr. Thomas spoke about the complexities of FCA settlements.
- Ms. Durrell was on the planning committee for the Taxpayers Against Fraud ("TAF") Education Fund's twelfth annual conference, and both Mr. Thomas and Ms. Durrell spoke at the conference in September 2012.
- Ms. Durrell was honored to be invited to the 2012 Bench and Bar Conference for the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts: Changing Landscapes in Law—Legal and Beyond. She was part of a panel addressing trends in health care fraud enforcement.
- Ms. Durrell was a contributor to the New England Legal Foundation's 2012 Fall Breakfast Program, Whistleblowing in 2012: What Every Business and Business Lawyer Should Know.
- Mr. Thomas participated in the False Claims Act Roundtable, hosted by Ropes & Gray in February 2013. This specialized roundtable provided a unique opportunity for Mr. Thomas to offer remarks from the perspective of a whistleblower lawyer and exchange perspectives with defense counsel and in-house counsel for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies.
Whistleblower Law Collaborative Marks False Claims Act Milestones
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts