Expedia Adds Beautiful, Simple Itinerary With Live Data To Award-Winning Booking App
BELLEVUE, Wash., March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia.com®, the world's leading online travel company, today announced the addition of a set of robust, visual mobile itineraries capabilities to its award-winning Expedia mobile app. Because the itinerary is connected to the traveler's Expedia itinerary, the mobile app gives the traveler up-to-date info in their hands at every stage of travel using a set of rich visual cues. Using location awareness and time zone updates, the app surfaces the most relevant part of the itinerary and related information like airport maps, flight status, confirmation codes and addresses at the moment the traveler is most likely to need that piece of information. The addition of mobile itineraries neatly complements the features that have made the free Expedia app one of the top apps in travel: flight booking from more than 200 airlines, selection of more than 140,000 hotel properties and mobile-only deals.
- The most real-time data; the app updates information automatically.
- Free flight status updates (competitors tend to require premium upgrades to access this feature).
- Itinerary sharing via email and SMS.
- Login-free itinerary access using email and itinerary number.
- One-touch access to Expedia customer service.
- Itinerary information for all bookings made on desktop or mobile. Namely:
- Flights. Mobile Itineraries displays confirmation code, airline, flight number, travel dates and times, gate information and flight status. Additionally, it provides a flights map showing pins for departure and arrival, as well as potential layover airports and paths between them. The app also shows airport terminal maps for over 200 major airports worldwide.
- Hotels. The Hotel Page shows hotel address, contact information and a map of where hotel is located.
- Car Rentals. Provides confirmation code, car rental company, phone number for national 800 number, local phone number and the pickup and drop-off date and time.
- Cruise. See the day your cruise starts, then tap your cruise to open up your full cruise itinerary on the web.
- Destination Services. Shows the valid start date for each activity, the date the activity expires, the number and name(s) of guests and a link to redeem vouchers, which provides barcodes for the activity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts