LiveSchool Behavior Tracking App Helps KIPP LA Shift School Culture
LOS ANGELES, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KIPP LA middle schools have a powerful tool in a behavior-tracking app that helps reward students for good choices and build a school culture that supports learning.
LiveSchool automates paperwork-heavy behavior tracking systems with a school-wide platform that makes sharing information and enforcing consistent rules and rewards easy.
The app is among the education-related technologies showcased this week at the International Conference on Positive Behavior Support in San Diego. The conference runs through Saturday, March 30.
"User-friendly technology offers a golden opportunity to assist teachers and schools in the delivery of positive behavior reinforcements," says Tim Knoster, Executive Director of the Association for Positive Behavior Support. He's also a behavior expert, author of a classroom management guide and Bloomsburg University professor.Emphasizing positive behavior is particularly important in schools such as KIPP LA, a charter school network, where students often enroll two to four grade levels behind. "Middle school students are going through a lot," says Archana Patel, school leader at Academy of Opportunity, one of three KIPP LA middle schools using LiveSchool. "The environment doesn't always message that being good in school makes you a cool person. "Our positive behavior system tracks individual choices but also is designed to shift school culture," she says. Research shows a high ratio of positive to negative feedback supports successful relationships, whether in a marriage, on the job or at school, and LiveSchool connects hard work with acknowledgement and success. Students in grades 5 and 6 earn points and redeem them for field trips, college tours and special in-school events that reinforce learning. In grades 7 and 8, students can lose points as well as earn them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV