Baseball's 5 Worst Interleague 'Rivalries'
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Atlanta Braves
No, it's not like playing the Expos, but at least Major League Baseball deserves credit for trying here.
Ask baseball fans about great Toronto Blue Jays moments and the first that comes to mind is Joe Carter's World Series-winning home run off of Phillies reliever Mitch Williams in 1993. Somewhat more forgotten are Ed Sprague and Candy Maldonado's late-game heroics during their first World Series win against the Braves a year before.Toronto has a lot of memories attached to either matchup, but on history alone the better solution belongs to the Braves. Before their long journey to Atlanta by way of Milwaukee, the Braves got their start in Boston as one of the National League's charter franchises. Making them "natural rivals" with the Red Sox would not only bring up some of that history, but would reunite two franchises that called Fenway Park home. Granted, they haven't played any meaningful baseball against each other in a while, but fading memories of 1992 also only go so far.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV