Baseball's 5 Worst Interleague 'Rivalries'
Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Again, this is what happens when you mess with the natural order of things.
Texas has been a beastly team in recent seasons, making the World Series in two of the past three years and generally scaring the life out of the post-Yankees American League. The Diamondbacks, meanwhile, haven't been to the World Series since upending said Yankees in 2001.Each team finished at the top of its respective division in 2011, but that would've meant a whole lot more if the Diamondbacks actually met up with the Rangers in the World Series that year. Instead, there's no history, no animus and no real reason to see these two as anything more than misfits forced to play out the string together.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV