100 Percent Of Urban Prep Graduates Are College-bound
"When we founded Urban Prep, we wanted to increase the number of African-American males earning college degrees," said Tim King, founder and CEO, Urban Prep Academies. "Our record college acceptance, college enrollment, and college persistence rates demonstrate that we're changing the game. Consider this fact: one in twenty Black males from CPS enrolling in college since we graduated our first class is an Urban Prep alumnus—and that's just when we had one campus, now we have three. Our schools, our teachers, and our students are making a real difference in how Black males are perceived in our country. I couldn't be prouder."
Urban Prep will host commencement exercises for this year's graduating seniors on June 7, 2013 at the UIC Forum.
About Urban Prep Urban Prep Academies was founded in 2002 by Tim King and a group of African-American education, business and civic leaders who wanted to improve the educational opportunities available to urban boys. In 2005, this nonprofit organization was approved to open Urban Prep Charter Academy for Young Men – Englewood Campus. Urban Prep is the country's first charter public high school for boys. Since accepting its first class in the fall of 2006, Urban Prep has been recognized internationally for its success in improving the academic, social and emotional development of urban young men. Urban Prep now operates three schools in Chicago. 100% of Urban Prep's graduates have been admitted to college. The Urban Prep Motto is We Believe.
SOURCE Urban Prep
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV