Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/26/13, HSBC Holdings plc (HCS)HCS will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.5078, payable on 4/15/13. As a percentage of HCS's recent stock price of $25.95, this dividend works out to approximately 1.96%, so look for shares of HSBC Holdings plc to trade 1.96% lower — all else being equal — when HCS shares open for trading on 3/26/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for HCS, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.5078 declared by HSBC Holdings plc:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from HCS is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 7.83% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, HCS makes up 1.30% of the iShares S&P U.S. Preferred Stock Index Fund ETF (PFF)PFF which is trading up by about 0.1% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV