Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/26/13, Great Northern Iron Ore Properties (GNI)GNI will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $2.25, payable on 4/30/13. As a percentage of GNI's recent stock price of $79.40, this dividend works out to approximately 2.83%, so look for shares of Great Northern Iron Ore Properties to trade 2.83% lower — all else being equal — when GNI shares open for trading on 3/26/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for GNI, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $2.25 declared by Great Northern Iron Ore Properties:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from GNI is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 11.34% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward.
In Friday trading, Great Northern Iron Ore Properties shares are currently off about 1.4% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV