Stratus Properties Inc. (NASDAQ: STRS):
- As of December 31, 2012, sales of 118 of the 159 condominium units at the W Austin Hotel & Residences project had closed for $126.7 million (an average of $1.1 million per unit), including nine units for $10.5 million (an average of $1.2 million per unit) in fourth-quarter 2012 and 40 units for $37.7 million (an average of $0.9 million per unit) for the year 2012, compared with nine units for $12.4 million (an average of $1.4 million per unit) in fourth-quarter 2011 and 78 units for $89.0 million (an average of $1.1 million per unit) for the year 2011. As of March 15, 2013, Stratus sold nine units in 2013 for $11.0 million and seven of the remaining units were under contract.
- Lot sales totaled eight lots for $2.5 million in fourth-quarter 2012 and 24 lots for $8.0 million during 2012, compared with five lots for $0.7 million in fourth-quarter 2011 and 23 lots for $2.7 million during 2011. As of March 15, 2013, Stratus sold six lots in 2013 for $1.9 million and had 14 lots under contract. In addition, Stratus sold a 16 acre tract at Lantana for $2.1 million in March 2013.
- Revenue per available room at the W Austin Hotel was $267 during fourth-quarter 2012 and $232 during the year 2012, compared with $194 during fourth-quarter 2011 and $184 during the year 2011.
- ACL Live hosted 54 events during fourth-quarter 2012 and 193 events during the year 2012, compared with 40 events during fourth-quarter 2011 and 151 events during the year 2011.
- Construction of the final two buildings at the Parkside Village project is expected to be completed in late 2013 and as of December 31, 2012, occupancy of the completed 77,641 square feet was 89 percent. Of the two remaining buildings under development, the 7,500-square-foot building is fully pre-leased, and leasing activities are ongoing for the 4,500-square-foot building.
- Total Stratus debt was $137.0 million at December 31, 2012, compared with $158.5 million at December 31, 2011. Effective December 31, 2012, Stratus amended its Comerica credit facility, such that the existing $45.0 million facility was replaced with a $48.0 million credit facility, comprised of a $35.0 million revolving line of credit, $8.4 million of which was available at December 31, 2012, a $3.0 million tranche for letters of credit, with no amounts outstanding ($2.9 million of letters of credit committed), and a $10.0 million construction loan, with no amounts outstanding.
- Stratus has an open market share purchase program for up to 0.7 million shares of its common stock. As of December 31, 2012, a total of 113,645 shares remained available under this program. From January 1, 2013, through March 15, 2013, Stratus purchased 36,884 shares of common stock for $0.4 million or $10.06 per share.
Stratus Properties Inc. (NASDAQ: STRS) reported a net loss attributable to common stock of $0.1 million, $0.01 per share, for fourth-quarter 2012, compared with a net loss of $4.3 million, $0.57 per share, for fourth-quarter 2011. For the year 2012, Stratus reported a net loss attributable to common stock of $1.6 million, $0.20 per share, compared with a net loss of $10.4 million, $1.39 per share, for the year 2011. Results for the year 2012 include a gain of $4.3 million associated with the sale of eight undeveloped tracts at Lantana and a gain of $5.1 million related to the sale of the two office buildings at 7500 Rialto Boulevard.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts