Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) announced today that its subsidiary, Trinity Materials, Inc., has closed its previously announced agreement to acquire certain aggregates operations of Texas Industries, Inc. (“TXI”) located in Texas, Colorado, and California and TXI’s DiamondPro ® product-line.
In exchange for these assets, Transit Mix Concrete and Materials Company, also a subsidiary of Trinity Industries, Inc., has transferred to TXI its remaining ready mix operations located in the East Region of Texas and parts of Arkansas, representing the full divestiture of its ready-mix concrete business. As a result of the expected closing, financial results for the ready-mix operations were accounted for as a discontinued operation in the Company’s latest financial statements dated as of December 31, 2012.
“I am pleased to complete this transaction with TXI and build on our efforts to reposition the Construction Products Group. Our repositioning strategy centers around products that have more consistent demand drivers and offer greater opportunities for improved returns,” said William A. McWhirter II, Trinity Industries, Inc. Senior Vice President and Construction, Energy, and Inland Barge Group President.
Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a
diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading
businesses which provide products and services to the industrial,
energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its
financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group,
the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge
Group, the Construction Products Group, and the Energy Equipment Group.
For more information, visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV