Mr. Broadwell joined the Bank (formerly Clyde Savings Bank) in 1965 as President and Chief Executive Officer and as a director. He has served as Chairman of the Board since 2002. In addition, Mr. Broadwell has served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company since its inception in connection with the Bank's July 2012 mutual-to-stock conversion. Under his forty-eight years of leadership, the Bank has accomplished many significant milestones:
- Grown from six to over 325 engaged, dedicated employees
- Grown from one banking office in one county to 20 offices in nine counties
- Grown from $10 million in assets to $1.6 billion in assets
- Increased capital from $500,000 to $375,000,000
Currently, the Bank is the 12 th largest bank headquartered in North Carolina.
Throughout his career, Mr. Broadwell has served on the boards of numerous industry associations including America's Community Bankers, the American Bankers Association, and Chairman of the NC Bankers' Association. He has also served on the Federal Reserve Board's Thrift Institutions Advisory Council from 2008 to 2010 and served as its President in 2010. He has served on the Board of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta and on the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond's Community Depository Institution Advisory Council. In addition, Mr. Broadwell has served on the boards of numerous community organizations and has held several board positions with the University of North Carolina system, including its Board of Governors from 1995 to 2007 and the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Visitors from 1992 to 1996 and currently serves on the Board of Trustees of Western Carolina University.
Mr. Broadwell said: "My service to HomeTrust Bank and HomeTrust Bancshares has been a rewarding and joyous journey. I am grateful to our employees, directors and customers for the opportunity to lead such a stellar organization, through both good times and very challenging economic times. Together, we have come a long way as we have grown with the communities we so humbly serve. I look forward to continuing to serve our Company until my retirement in November. Beyond November, I have every confidence in Dana Stonestreet to continue to lead the Bank forward in the years to come. Dana and I have worked closely together for twenty-four years and we have shared the responsibility for leading the Bank. Dana has demonstrated exceptional leadership since joining HomeTrust and his work ethic has earned him the trust of employees and shareholders and the confidence of the board."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV