Arizona Jobless Rate For February Nearly 8 Percent
PHOENIX (AP) â¿¿ Arizona's unemployment rate came down slightly, going from 8 percent in January to 7.9 percent in February.
The state Department of Administration released the latest figures Thursday.
Department economists say Arizona the largest job gains were made in government, including public education due to schools returning to full staff levels after the holiday break. The government sector accounted for more than half of the gains with 14,700 jobs. The private sector also showed gains.
Arizona gained 22,900 non-farm jobs in February. Trade, Transportation and Utilities was the only sector to report a loss of 3,200 jobs.Natural Resource and Mining remained steady.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV