Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP) has appointed Steve Berger vice president, human resources effective immediately. Berger will be responsible for Compass Minerals’ human resources function, which includes overseeing employee recruitment and development initiatives, incentive and compensation programs, employee engagement and labor relations strategy for the company’s 1,800 employees at 16 production, packaging and corporate locations in the U.S., Canada and U.K.
“Steve is a proven leader and a welcome addition to the Compass Minerals Leadership Team,” says Fran Malecha, president and CEO of Compass Minerals. “His extensive experience building employee engagement and people strategies will be a valuable asset as Compass Minerals continues to move forward.”
Berger brings more than 26 years of experience in a wide range of industries. Throughout his career he has led the design and implementation of employee strategies to improve effectiveness in the areas of organizational design, talent management, performance management, compensation programs, and employee relations.
Prior to joining Compass Minerals, Berger served as senior vice president, corporate services at Viterra, a global agri-business company based in Canada. Previously Berger was a senior executive at Accenture and a principal at A.T. Kearney where he led numerous large scale transformation, acquisition and integration initiatives as well as business and IT strategy programs across a wide range of industries and geographies.Berger holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from Pennsylvania State University and earned a Master of Business Administration from George Mason University where he graduated with honors. He is also Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified from The Directors College, a joint venture of McMaster University and The Conference Board of Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV