Detroit Leaders Launch Opportunity Detroit's Placemaking And Retail Vision For City's Urban Core
DETROIT, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rock Ventures, joined by the Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP) and Detroit Economic Growth Corporation, today shared a visionary placemaking and retail plan for Detroit's urban core with more than 400 business, community and civic leaders and key stakeholders.
This bold and aggressive plan is part of the Opportunity Detroit initiative to encourage people to live, work, play and invest in the city of Detroit. Powered by Rock Ventures, it combines more than seven months of research and engagement with key Detroit public and private stakeholders and incorporates the best thinking of four top urban consulting firms: Project for Public Spaces, Shook Kelly, Gibbs Planning Group and Terremark Partners.
" Downtown Detroit's geographic location and particularly the half mile from the Detroit River to Grand Circus Park is the most concentrated diversity of urban assets and placemaking opportunities anywhere in the world," said Fred Kent, Founder of Project for Public Spaces. "From the riverfront, gaming, gourmet dining, sports, culture and entertainment to new retail, Detroit has a winning combination of attractions to reclaim its rightful place as a great American city on the international stage."
Placemaking is about creating activity and vibrant, exciting places using a multi-faceted approach to the planning, design and management of public spaces. In Detroit it is about getting as many people out on the street experiencing and enjoying the various assets the city's urban core has to offer.The plan is centered on creating six distinct and unique destinations that draw people to the region, give them an experience that will make them want to return frequently and where they will want to spend more time. Woodward Avenue becomes a major boulevard connecting these great destinations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV