Product roadmap. At the moment, BlackBerry gets no respect from investors in their future roadmap. However, it's got a dynamite one. It really is set up -- thanks to their QNX and TAT acquisitions of a few years ago -- to play a big role in the "Internet of things."
It can actually lead both iOS as well as Android in showing the world its software's capabilities to have your phone and tablet talk to multiple intelligent devices around you -- in your car, your home, on the go, and in a health care context. As soon as it starts demonstrating some of these capabilities, especially with partners, this could get investors very excited. There's good reason to believe this evidence will come in the second half of 2013.
At the time of publication the author was long BBRY.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV