Men V Women: The Economic And Financial Divide 2013
Home Ownership Expectations: Women are more pessimistic about becoming homeowners
Despite this, men are more optimistic than women about their prospects of ever owning their own home:
- Just over a third (34%) of men aged between 20 and 45 would like to buy a home, but do not think they will ever be able to, compared to 43% of women of the same age.
- 51% of women aged between 20 and 45 believe that Britain should remain a nation of homeowners compared to 58% of men of the same age.
Data sources:Earnings figures from ONS. Employment data from ONS ( January 2013) and DWP's 'Family Resources Survey, 2010-2011' publication. Spending data is from Lloyds Tracker Survey ( February 2013) conducted by TNS. A total of 2,370 consumers were questioned. Interviewing took place via an online survey between 12th and 18th February 2013. Current account, savings and investments and pensions: DWP's 'Family Resources Survey' publications, 2000-01 and 2010-2011; current deposit based ( December 2012) and ISA savings balances ( January 2013) from Halifax; adequacy of pensions savings and savings ratios by gender from Scottish Widows, 'UK Pensions Report 2012 ( May 2012)'. Pensioner incomes from DWP's 'Pensioners' Income Series 2010-11' publication. Housing tenure statistics from DWP's 'Family Resources Survey, 2010-2011' publication. Housing market confidence figures: Halifax Housing Market Confidence Tracker, December 2012 survey conducted by Ipsos MORI on behalf of Halifax. A representative sample of 1,890 British adults aged 16+ across Britain was undertaken between 30th November and 10th December 2012. Home ownership expectations: Halifax and NatCen Social Research review based on interviews with 8,042 20-45 year olds, May 2012. "This report is prepared from information that we believe is collated with care, however, it is only intended to highlight issues and it is not intended to be comprehensive. We reserve the right to vary our methodology and to edit or discontinue/withdraw this, or any other report. Any use of this report for an individual's own or third party commercial purposes is done entirely at the risk of the person making such use and solely the responsibility of the person or persons making such reliance."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV