J. David Karam Named CEO Of Sbarro
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sbarro ( www.sbarro.com) announced today that current Board Chairman J. David Karam has assumed the additional duties of Chief Executive Officer. An accomplished restaurant industry leader, Karam recently served as President of Wendy's International, Inc. During his tenure at Wendy's, Karam led a successful corporate turnaround, which included significant improvements in product quality, operational execution and brand profitability. Karam replaces Jim Greco, who resigned from the company to pursue other business interests.
"Sbarro has a great heritage with a legacy of innovation and this is a company that has significant opportunity for further growth," said Karam. "Guest service, menu development, food quality and operational excellence will remain at the core of our focus as we continue the revitalization of the Sbarro brand."
Prior to joining the board of Sbarro in January of 2012, Karam served as President of Wendy's from 2008 through 2011. Following six years of traffic declines and loss of market share, under Karam's leadership Wendy's rose to become the second largest QSR Hamburger chain in the U.S., surpassing Burger King for the first time in Wendy's 42 year history.
About SbarroSince it first opened its doors as an Italian Salumeria in 1956, Sbarro has been a leader in driving the growth of the Italian restaurant category. Today, Sbarro team members bring a taste of the true Italian spirit to guests every day at its more than 1,000 eateries across 40 countries. An award-winning franchise organization, Sbarro features a menu of popular Italian food including pizza, pasta dishes and other hot and cold Italian entrees, salads, drinks and desserts. Sbarro is headquartered in Melville, NY. For more information, visit www.sbarro.com. SOURCE Sbarro
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV