CHICAGO, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago) will celebrate its namesake birthday – May 3 rd - by joining forces with the Kane County Cougars to conduct an area wide food drive. The campaign named "Strike Out Hunger" will occur as follows:
- Between April 18 th and May 2, attendees of Kane County Cougar home games will be asked to collect food and bring it to Fifth Third Bank Ballpark (34W002 Cherry Lane, Geneva, IL 60134), home of the Kane County Cougars, Class A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. Anyone who donates food will receive special discounted admission of $5.30 to the year's first baseball game with fireworks being held on Friday, May 3. (Visit www.kccougars.com for team schedule and more information.)
- During this same time period, bank employees throughout Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana will raise money to benefit Vital Bridges Grocery Centers of Heartland Health Outreach program and the Northwest Indiana Food Bank.
"Everyone at Fifth Third Bank takes great personal pride in this company and all the wonderful things it represents," said Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago) president & CEO Robert A. Sullivan . "Our company's culture and our core values are all singularly focused on serving the needs of our customers in the communities in which we serve and do business, and as such our interest in helping local food banks is perfectly aligned."
The "Strike Out Hunger" campaign will culminate in a special evening on May 3 at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, home of the Kane County Cougars, when 53,000 meals will be officially donated to the Northern Illinois Food Bank. This day was chosen as May 3 rd is the bank's so-called birthday (the date of 5/3 representing the bank's name, branding and logo).
"In working together with Fifth Third Bank, we are calling on all fans to help reach our goal of donating 53,000 meals for the Northern Illinois Food Bank," said Curtis Haug, Kane County Cougars General Manager. "We're thrilled to welcome fans to Fifth Third Bank Ballpark for a special night on 5/3 Day as we lend a hand to help less fortunate people in our communities."The public is invited to participate by bringing donated can goods and non-perishable foods to Fifth Third Bank Ballpark on April 18, April 23, May 1 and May 2. ABOUT FIFTH THIRD BANK Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $122 billion in assets and operates 18 affiliates with 1,325 full-service Banking Centers, including 106 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,415 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 33% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2012, had $308 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB." Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC. Media Contact: Andrew Hayes, 312-823-4333 SOURCE Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts