Another under-$10 name that's already starting to trigger a breakout trade is Sangamo BioSciences (SGMO), which is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of engineered DNA-binding proteins for the development of novel therapeutic strategies for unmet medical needs. This stock has been on fire in 2013, with shares up a whopping 64%.
If you take a look at the chart for Sangamo BioSciences, you'll notice that this stock has started to trend back above its 50-day moving average of $9.34 a share with decent upside volume flows. Shares of SGMO have also started to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $9.48 a share.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in SGMO as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $9.34 a share and then once it sustains a move or close above $9.48 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $9.48 a share with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 743,270 shares. If SGMO can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $10.50 to $11.24 a share. Any high-volume move above $11.24 would then push shares of SGMO into new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action.Traders can look to buy SGMO off any weakness and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $9.34 a share. One could also buy SGMO off strength as long as its trending above $9.48 a share and then simply use a stop right below its 50-day at $9.34 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV