Q. How will customers know when they have the new speeds?
A. They will receive a direct communication, either by email or letter or both, to let them know.
Q. Do customers need to do anything to get the new speeds?
A. Customers simply have to re-start their cable modems and/or routers, which will download new software that enables the new speeds. No other action is required.Q. How do I restart my cable modem? A. for more information about how to power-cycle your modem, please see the website here and the video here. Q. Will this require new customer equipment to be installed? A. For the overwhelming majority of customers, no. However, there may be a small number of customers who will need a new cable modem. We are conducting an inventory of who those customers are now and will proactively reach out to them. If they lease a cable modem from Comcast and need a new cable modem, then we will replace their current one for free. Q. How do I know what kind of modem I have? Here is a website where customers can go and look up by their model number to see what type of modem they have: http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ Q. Will this cost more money? A. No, these increases are being offered for no additional charge. SOURCE Comcast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV