And Now There Is One...Jaguar F-TYPE Declared 2013 World Car Design Of The Year
March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At a press conference hosted by the New York International Auto Show and Bridgestone Corporation, the Jaguar F-Type was declared the 2013 World Car Design of the Year.
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said : "No design project has given me greater pleasure than the creation of the F-TYPE. It's a project I've looked forward to from the moment I joined Jaguar, and it's one that's given my team and I great satisfaction. The F-TYPE is a sports car that is true to Jaguar's design values – beauty of line and purity of form – and I'm honoured that the World Car of the Year Design jury has recognised our work with this award."
The World Car Design of the Year category, and the corresponding award, is meant to highlight new vehicles with innovation and style that push established boundaries.
It was a long list of hopefuls. Forty-three candidates were eligible for the honour of being the 2013 World Car Design of the Year. Those candidates may be on the overall World Car of the Year list, or may be included as a stand-alone entry provided the vehicle is introduced and available for sale in at least one major market during the period beginning January 1, 2012 and ending May 30th, 2013.A design panel consisting of five highly respected world design experts was asked to first review each candidate, and then establish a short-list of recommendations for the jurors. The design experts were: Masatsugu Arimoto ( Japan – Freelance design journalist) Silvia Baruffaldi ( Italy – Auto & Design magazine) Gernot Bracht ( Germany – Pforzheim Design School) Sam Livingstone (U.K. - Car Design Research and Royal College of Art) Tom Matano ( USA - School of Industrial Design at Academy of Art University in San Francisco)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV