- Provides Compelling Economic Terms for MetroPCS' Stockholders: The proposed combination will provide MetroPCS' stockholders with a $1.5 billion aggregate cash payment, or approximately $4.06 per share (prior to the reverse stock split that will occur in connection with the closing of the proposed combination), as well as an approximate 26% ownership stake in the combined company that allows MetroPCS stockholders to participate in the expected significant equity upside of the combined company and the significant $6-7 billion of net present value synergies.
- Creates the Value Leader in U.S. Wireless: The combined company will be well-capitalized and well-positioned to compete effectively with large national carriers as the premier challenger in the U.S. wireless marketplace. The proposed combination will:
- Allow the combined company to extend the MetroPCS brand into unserved and underserved major metro areas;
- Facilitate the offering of a broad product portfolio, including Apple's iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 with favorable new pricing;
- Generate substantial additional growth in the fast-growing no contract space; and
- Provide significant spectrum with a path to at least 20x20 MHz 4G LTE in approximately 90% of the top 25 U.S. metro areas by 2014+ for a fast, reliable and robust nationwide 4G LTE network.
- Follows a Thorough and Extensive, Multi-Year Process by a Highly Experienced Board and Management Team: The proposed combination with T-Mobile follows a thorough and extensive, multi-year process by the MetroPCS board and management team, who have an in-depth understanding of the wireless industry landscape and the benefit of many years of experience both with MetroPCS and other industry participants, to explore all strategic and financial alternatives – including remaining a standalone company. The MetroPCS board and management team are confident that the proposed combination is the best strategic alternative for the Company and our stockholders. Even ISS agrees – In its March 27, 2013 report, ISS states: 'PCS' exploration of strategic alternatives appears to have been thorough. The company participated in numerous auctions in search of spectrum and engaged with at least 8 potential strategic partners. Management determined combining with T-Mobile is the PCS' best strategic alternative at the current time—it is also the only offer on the table at the current time.'
MetroPCS Comments On ISS Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.