Unemployment Rates Fall In 91 Kentucky Counties
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) â¿¿ Kentucky is reporting that jobless rates improved in 91 counties in February. But the news wasn't all good.
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training reported Thursday that unemployment rates went unchanged in three counties and worsened in 26.
Woodford County had the lowest jobless rate at 5.9 percent. Fayette, Franklin, Madison, Oldham and Shelby counties all had jobless rates of between 6.5 and 6.9 percent.
Magoffin County had the highest jobless rate at 18.9 percent. Leslie County was at 17.3 percent. Letcher and Harlan counties reported rates of 16.9 percent and 16.3 percent respectively.Fulton County in far western Kentucky reported a 15.9 percent jobless rate. It was the only non-Appalachian county among those in the Top 10 for unemployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV