3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
CorEnergy Infrastructure (NYSE: CORR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. CorEnergy Infrastructure Trust, Inc. is a close ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Tortoise Capital Advisors L.L.C. It is co-managed by Kenmont Investments Management, L.P. The fund invests in the public equity markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.09. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates CorEnergy Infrastructure a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for CorEnergy Infrastructure has been 247,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. CorEnergy Infrastructure has a market cap of $164.6 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates CorEnergy Infrastructure as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 76.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.57 million to -$0.36 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR increased its bottom line by earning $1.35 versus $0.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 79.3% in earnings ($0.28 versus $1.35).
- CORR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 23.04% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full CorEnergy Infrastructure Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.