BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's a big day for stocks, whether it feels like one or not. Thanks to tomorrow's Good Friday's market reprieve, today is the last market session in March, and more important, the final trading day of the first quarter.
As I write, the S&P 500 also happens to be within 0.15% of hitting its all-time closing high from back in 2007 -- we're talking a measly 2.3 points in the big index, here. That means that equity prices are practically a rounding error away from ending higher than they've ever been before. If that doesn't make today a potentially big day for stocks, nothing does.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV