Census Bureau News -- Information And Communication Technology
WASHINGTON, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Information and Communication Technology — These statistics estimate capitalized and noncapitalized spending in 2011 for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment and computer software at the sector level, as well as at the North American Industry Classification System three-digit and selected four-digit industry level. The estimates provide policymakers and the private sector with a relevant, timely and more accurate measure of U.S. companies' total investment in ICT equipment.
These statistics are important for federal agencies to assess future productivity and economic growth prospects, and reconcile important differences between reported production and consumption of technology. Rapid changes in ICT equipment result in these assets having shorter useful lives and being replaced at a much faster rate than other types of equipment. As a result, rather than capitalizing the value of such assets and expensing the cost over two or three years, companies often expense the full cost of such assets during the current annual period. Statistics based only as capitalized expenditures may substantially underreport ICT spending. Internet address: http://www.census.gov/econ/ict/.
No news release associated with this product. Tip Sheet only.CB13-TPS.34 Contact: Public Information Office301-763-3030 SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV