Former Smokers Live To Tell The Hard Truth About Tobacco
Legacy Supports 2013 Tips From Former Smokers Campaign
WASHINGTON, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The tobacco industry spends more than $8 billion a year on marketing its products, making the battle against the tobacco epidemic one of the greatest public health challenges. In 2012, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services launched the bold Tips from Former Smokers campaign, underscoring the message to smokers and non-smokers alike: smoking is not just a bad habit but a deadly addiction that can impact your health and your daily life at a very young age. The effects of the campaign were groundbreaking, more than doubling call volume to the national quit line during the campaign.
Capitalizing on that momentum is critical and today, as the second round of Tips from Former Smokers hits the airwaves, we applaud the CDC for their continued investment in our nation's future and economic health. With the launch of this new round of " Tips " advertisements, the issue of tobacco use will stay high on the nation's public health agenda, as well as at the forefront of American minds nationwide. Through these stories, tobacco no longer is just a statistic; instead, it has a human face.The new effort continues to educate the public about the harmful effects of smoking and underscore how life changes after being diagnosed with a medical condition caused by smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke. Ads will reach specific population groups, including American Indian/Alaska Native, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) individuals, that were not addressed in the first campaign. These additional ads are particularly important since they connect personally with communities that have long been targeted by tobacco marketing and often have higher smoking prevalence rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV