WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., March 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has been awarded a follow-on performance-based logistics contract to provide logistics, material and technical support for the AN/ASN-139 Carrier Aircraft Inertial Navigation System (CAINS II) installed on various U.S. Navy and foreign aircraft.
The U.S. Naval Supply Systems Command granted the five-year, firm-fixed-price contract, which has a total value of $13.2 million, to Northrop Grumman. Under the contract, Northrop Grumman is supplying material- and configuration-management services for the AN/ASN-139 CAINS II, which is used on the C-2A, E-2C, F/A-18, S-3 and AV-8B aircraft.
"Our excellent performance during the previous five-year, performance-based logistics contract for the AN/ASN-139 helped us to secure this latest award," said Gorik Hossepian, vice president of Northrop Grumman's Navigation and Positioning Systems business unit. "Our wide scope of support, including total inventory control for CAINS II, will help ensure that the product continues to meet the availability requirements and high quality standards of the Navy."The AN/ASN-139, which is also known as the LN-92, is a ring laser gyro strapdown inertial navigation system that provides better than one nautical mile per hour navigation performance. It was designed for carrier-based aircraft to offer low life-cycle and acquisition costs, low maintenance and calibration needs, and high reliability. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Gina Piellusch 818-715-2285 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV