2. Nike Inc. ( NKE): Designs, develops, and markets footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children worldwide. Market cap at $53.59B, most recent closing price at $59.47.
After complaints from the LGBT community over perceived anti-gay messages in an advertising campaign, Nike responded by pulling the ads. Nike also went on record to support Referendum 71 in Washington, making a clear statement in support of equal rights for all.
3. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $235.88B, most recent closing price at $28.16.
Despite past criticism from the LGBT community, Microsoft donated $100,000 to Washington Families Standing Together in support of Referendum 71. Chairman, Bill Gates, and CEO, Steven A Ballmer showed their personal support with additional contributions.4. Apple Inc. ( AAPL): Designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, mobile communication and media devices, and portable digital music players, as well as sells related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications worldwide. Market cap at $433.04B, most recent closing price at $461.14. After speaking out in support of gay marriage and opposing Proposition 8, Apple put its money where its mouth was by donating $100,000 to the No on Prop 8 campaign. Apple also began offering benefits to their employees' same sex partners. 5. Google Inc. ( GOOG): Google is the world's most popular search engine. Market cap at $267.82B, most recent closing price at $812.42. Despite their reputation for staying silent on social issues, Google released a statement opposing Proposition 8. Founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page also donated $140,000 to the No campaign. 6. Starbucks Corporation ( SBUX): Operates approximately 16,858 stores, including 8,833 company-operated stores and 8,025 licensed stores. Market cap at $42.75B, most recent closing price at $57.05. Starbucks' support for the LGBT community goes as far back as 2005 when they featured a pro-gay quote by Armistead Maupin on their coffee cups. They also called for the approval of Referendum 71.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts